Sonntag, Januar 18, 2009

Something New Every Week, Part 3

Woo-hah! This week has brought some hits!

Princess logoNew deed no 1
For the first time in my life, I stood in motor yachts up to 85 feet long. That happened at the "Boot" boat fair in Düsseldorf, on the stand of the British boat manufacturer Princess on Wednesday. My boss's sister had organized it as an "office outing", and as she knows the sales manager of Princess, her connections enabled all of us at the office to see those incredible boats.

Actually, the only big turn-off on Princess's website is the fact that the desktop wallpapers are not state of the art any more. Who has a 1.024px screen these days? People, it's time for 1920 * 1200! :)

Frankfurt skyline at nightNew deed no 2
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for applause! I got a point in Amalia's and my City Race Contest! Frankfurt, BÄM!

For those of you who don't know already, Amalia and I participate in a yearly city race contest where either of us scores a point for visiting a city previously unknown (where places qualify that are either a federal or state capital or have at least 500,000 inhabitants). This weekend, my job lead me to Frankfurt where I attended a workshop on the job description of Chief Privacy Officers. To be quite honest, I had been to Frankfurt before but never seen much of the city so I never scored a point. The time has come.

However, I admit that it's a very weak point. Amalia is right when she snobbishly states that she's in arrears in the contest because she has already seen all the cities I haven't. That's why I will prefer not to assume the crown again if the Frankfurt point decides the contest, already because Frankfurt is so near that I would be ashamed to win like this.

Girl dancing at the beachNew deed no 3
Gym time again! This time I attended the "Dance I" class for the first time. I was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with the moves but everything went smoothly.

Now here comes the "but" part: Following the dance class was a Step I one. I had attended that one two weeks ago, and back then the moves were at least half-way doable. This time, a different instructor did it, and she hardly explained any moves but just set up long combinations almost without a comment, including spins, turns, hopping over and all. After half an hour, I left. Staying wasn't any good because I couldn't pick up the moves fast enough.

Keine Kommentare: