Sonntag, Januar 11, 2009

Something New Every Week, Part 2

The year had started so well, and now I'm showing up with an already very weak second week. This week, I have only done two somewhat new things, no big hits.

New deed no 1
I created a legal document for one of my clients that covered an aspect of law that I had not dealt with before. It's an Export Compliance Programme that deals with the company's handling of products that are exported to countries outside of the European Union and that can have dual uses. The term "dual use" refers to the so-called "Dual-Use Directive" passed by the European Council in 2000 originally. All this is supposed to maintain international security and peace by preventing the export of goods that allow warfare.

The new thing is that I finished the document but I started it already before this week so it's rather half a point.

New deed no 2
And there's something else I did "somehow" for the first time this week. At my gym, there are classes called "Step", and the name is followed by the three levels from beginners to advanced. Step is a type of aerobics where you use a step to make the exercises more difficult. I had gone to the "Step Intro" (the beginner's) class for several weeks now, and the moves had started to bore me. So I thought I should go to the intermediate level and attend the class on Saturday. Damn, I was so bad at the moves, and from what I could tell, we did almost none of the moves I had learned in beginner's class! Another one of those stranded-whale experiences!

I'm writing that I did it "somehow" for the first time because I had already once attended a Step I class last year, not knowing at the time, however, what was awaiting me, and only yesterday I intentionally tried it.

But all in all I admit it wasn't the week of big news.

Any ideas what I should do? Let me know!

Keine Kommentare: