Montag, März 02, 2009

New This Week, Part 9

1. Achievement: Followed All Step I Moves
Photo courtesy of ePi.Longo

Yes, it's true. After only a few weeks, I have been able to follow all moves in our gym's Step I class! I can't believe how fun it is when you can concentrate on doing the whole cycles instead of trying to manage single moves! Whoopee, here I go!

2. Gadget: HTC Touch HD
Photo courtesy of Daniel Panev

This is definitely the biggest thing this week. I extended my cellphone contract with O2 and got myself the competitor to the iPhone. And in spite of all the hatred I ran into while I did some research on Windows Mobile, it's been running pretty fluently, and I love the functionality of the phone. Finally there is a convenient way to sync contacts.

I preferred not to buy an iPhone not only because you don't get iPhones with O2 but because I can hardly take the unfounded ramble about how cool it is any more. I generally dislike Apple for the unnecessary cult that's created and nurtured around its second-class hardware that primarily looks good instead of working well, and the oh-so great proclaimed intuitivity that I have never seen while using MacOS, and that you will find comparably well done in current Microsoft OS like Vista.

Yeah, I know, Vista sucks, Vista sucks. Heard it all before but frankly, no, it doesn't. Microsoft Vista is, apart from some stupid details that you will find in every operating system ever on the market, the most convenient system there is. As long as you have a half-way current hardware setup, I give you that. But then again, neither is current PC hardware incredibly expensive nowadays, nor can hardware be a limiting factor with almost any other OS as well.

3. Sex: Roleplay
Photo courtesy of *purpleye*

Without going into too much detail, let me say that for the first time, I have actually performed a pretty convincing and hot roleplay for sexual purposes, involving a client relationship like the ones my job comes along with. It can be awkward at first but it turned out not only convincing but very cool, actually.




4. Restaurant: Radisson SAS Restaurant

Not a biggy this time again but I had brunch at the restaurant of the Radisson SAS near my home with a friend of mine. I saw that if you're not a guest there, you pay €24 for that there! I can hardly believe but have been told that actually outsiders come there to have brunch. It's a nice place and all -- don't get me wrong -- but I seriously doubt that I'd go there for brunch if I specifically wanted to go to a nice place, especially with that price.

Keine Kommentare: