Mittwoch, November 05, 2008

The American People Has Done Good

"How'r'you doin'?" -- "I'm doin' good." -- "No, Superman does good. You are doing well."

Having quoted from the first season of 30Rock, I am now able to proceed to the important part of this blog entry.

With all my heart, I commend the American people on its taste and clarity with which it expressed its wish to see Obama as its new president. Thank you for not letting the old man and the beauty queen from the 80s rule your country. Eight years of simian presidency have apparently shaken even a part of the not so educated population in the US so much that the time has come for change.

As far as I have been able to experience, Barack Obama is not only able to speak complete and correct sentences but also has a potent vice president at his side and is able to move the people. I know because when I watched his 21-hours-before-the-election speech in Virginia, I was moved, and I am not the least into politics.

Thank you, American people, for your confidence that Obama is the right president for you this time, because
  • the old man and Ms I-want-county-sheriffs-to-deal-with-things-they-have-never-understood are not up for the job,
  • they would convey an ultimately wrong message to the rest of the world,
  • they would fuck everything up even more than any other president ever did before,
  • Obama is black and already therefore personifies the message of change,
  • he knows his material better,
  • he is interested in what he does, and finally because
  • this outcome prevents all my dear American gay friends from moving out of the US.
Please do not argue with me about how much Obama doesn't know what he's doing. I've heard a lot of that. And you might be right; I truthfully don't know much about politics. However, I heartfully agree with an acquaintance of mine from California who knows a lot about especially American politics when he says that Obama has collected a lot of votes from minorities, i.e. the black, for wrong reasons, most of all because he is black. I want him to do a good job, not be professionally black. His skin color is an indicator that the American people is moving, not that he is going to do his job well. And obviously he can wear other colors than Bush but that goes without saying, almost.

But one thing is obvious here. It was the right thing for Obama to become president, for whatever reason. Please, Mr. Obama, lead the US and the rest of the world that depends on the health of the American economy out of this crisis and do the job that you have risen to do.

Keine Kommentare: