Montag, November 15, 2010

Entertaining + Coaching = Stage Presence Coaching

Photo courtesy of Flickr user Fields of View

The world is such a cute small place. In my endeavors to do something about my personal situation -- you certainly remember my last entertain-write-coach story blog post -- I have started getting in touch with two institutions.

The first one is the well-known logo Institut here in Frankfurt's Nordend. Don't be blinded by the somewhat mediocre website. This institute has trained speakers and TV and radio hosts for 20 years now, and they provide staff for all major TV and radio stations in Germany, it seems. A friend of Robert's and mine recommended them so I wrote them an e-mail and talked to one of their teachers on the phone once. For some reason the founder Dr. Böhm and I have not caught each other on the phone, but we're working on it.

The second one is Explorers' Akademie, a company run by a long-term (I think it's 18 years now) experienced coach who is also a long-term friend of Robert's. Man, Robert knows people all over the place. This guy, Frank is his name, had an informational evening last Thursday night at the monastery in Niddatal where he also runs the coaching sessions, and invited us so obviously we went. When I heard "informational evening" I assumed it'd be some 10-people group or so but it turned out that the only other two announced guests couldn't make it, so we ended up with two to three hours of Frank's time on our hands.

We talked about various aspects and basics of coaching and NLP, and I am very interested in taking a class in this to self-develop myself in this direction. To this day I know but a few things about it so I'm just interested. Now, this coming Friday to Sunday, Frank is having a three-days coaching session that is usually not intended for beginners but that sounds extremely interesting to me. It's called "Stage Presence for Coaches", and for all I know it will combine exactly the two aspects of stage/entertainment and coaching. And now, to top it off, guess whom he's doing this class with. It's Ms Böhm, the founder of the logo Institut!

What better start could there be for me to get going?!?
WHAA! I'M GOING!

:)

Keine Kommentare: