Montag, Juli 20, 2009

New This Week, Part 29

I am bad at making lists and remembering things that happened during a certain time. Extremely bad, actually. I am so bad that I can assure you now that the first thing that will go completely if I happen to catch Alzheimer's is going to be this exact memory. When that happens, I will be very happy to see y'all come for a visit every time you step into the room, so please make sure to say hi, give me a hug, and leave the room again, just to come back a minute later. It will never-ending joy to me, promise.

All this I am telling you because I couldn't remember any of these four things that happened last week before I looked into my calendar what I did that week. Not even the pride event I attended for three subsequent consecutive days I remembered. Part of it might be due to unfocusedness, I admit, but I might be exaggerating the whole being-present-in-the-moment stuff a little.

1. Bar: The Stall
Logo taken from their website.

Yes, the website is probably among the ugliest on Earth but the place itself is actually not all that bad. What have we got? Gay bar, originally from the 50s or 60s, ages old, never renovated or redone. So in a way it is like the website. But that doesn't matter because its charm is said to be exactly that, a slightly sleazy, traditional underground place for cruising. A lot of people go there to have sex or at least the perspective of sex. A huge back wing is allegedly the darkroom. I didn't see that part because I didn't want to leave all my stuff at the bar. I had gone to the place directly after the gym, still sweating like hell and with my backpack.

Nice clientele there, actually, okay prices, and most of the time even good music!

2. Bar: Frankfurt Art Bar
Photo taken from their website.

You live in Sachsenhausen and feel like some live music? This is a neat and cozy place, low-key with not-so-low-key-but-okay prices, food is good, and you'll have live music a lot of the evenings. I went on Wednesday with a friend of mine, and we had Irish folk musicians there, actually playing nice music, not too loud even.

3. Gym: Muscle Weight Machines in Frankfurt gym
On Thursday I had an introductory appointment to the muscle machines at my Frankfurt gym so that I could do muscle workout and not only cardio and classes. Man, you should've see how the appointment came about. Originally I had headed to the gym to do a bodystyling class at 7, then I noticed I had chosen the wrong day, and that night there were different classes on. I then asked at the counter whether I could do a half-hour ab class and then do the introduction. They said yes, me happy. So I go back the schedule and figure that since I have the time, why shouldn't I try Thai Yoga instead of abs? So I went back to the counter, asking whether we could delay the appointment. They said yes, me happy and going back to the classroom.

Standing there I notice that I totally forgot to bring a towel. A fitness class without a towel? No way. So I go back to the counter and ask whether we could do the introduction right away. They said yes, me happy but slightly unnerved. So we did the introduction, and I did half an hour of cardio afterwards, wiping off my sweat with my already-soaking shirt.

4. Event: Frankfurt Pride
Photo taken from gay-web.de.

Pride events tend to be very similar no matter where you go. And Frankfurt is not an exception really. It is, however, different in one regard. I went there on three subsequent nights, from Friday to Sunday, and even after that I am by far not as energetically sucked dry as I have always been after the Cologne pride events. And every night I was with nice people, enjoying the occasional beer or apple wine that is so common and famous in this region.

On to another week of novelties, at the end of which I will get my furniture out of my old apartment in Düsseldorf. Finally more shlepping around stuff, yay!

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ich moechte gerne abnehmen und bin auf diesen Beitrag gestossen. Auf jeden Fall moechte ich gerne Hoodia kaufen. Kann mir jemand einen Tipp geben ?. P.S. Googlen kann ich selber – Danke im Voras [url=http://hoodiaplus.de ]Hoodia Gordonii[/url]

Anonym hat gesagt…

demi lovato naked http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude fake nude celeb demi lovato

Anonym hat gesagt…

taylor swift oops and nude taylor swift fakes nudes

Anonym hat gesagt…

playboy's holly madison nude [url=http://www.merlintvshow.com/account/HOLLY_MADISON_NUDE]holly madison nude photo shoot[/url] holly madison pictorial nude