Montag, April 06, 2009

New This Week, Part 14

1. Gym: New Class: Hot Iron I
Photo courtesy of d_vdm
I had wanted to attend this class for a while, especially since one of the instructors recently told me that my muscles "were bored" from the beginner's classes I was attending. I should do Hot Iron I for starters, then after a few weeks move on to II and finally to Hot Iron Cross, the last of which allegedly was the shit.

Well, I attended Hot Iron I on Tuesday, and frankly, it wasn't all that cool. What you do there is basically lifting barbells. Music was okay, workout was okay, instructor was okay, but it was far from exciting.

Also new but not quite worth an extra point is that I attended a new yoga class that day, given by a guy called Julio who was fun and good at what he was doing, who, however, didn't quite teach the kind of yoga that I like, which is more the Ashtanga style with a lot of dynamics and sweat. I'm just not the type to be sitting there and "contemplating my energy flows".

2. Restaurant: Casa Gustosa
Photo courtesy of ukcider
Another new restaurant that I have tried now. It was a friend's idea to go to a Moroccon (or Tunesian?) place on Nordstraße, called Casa Gustosa, where allegedly the Couscous Royale was great. So went there, five of us, and all had exactly that. And it was great food; I would've just loved a little more sauce. Couscous tends to suck up all the moisture so you might end up gagging choking on something very delicious. :)

Keine Kommentare: